Monday, April 27, 2009

Wow 10 weeks already!

I can't believe that 10 weeks of my life has gone by and the changes that have been made in our family lifestyle. It went so much smoother than I even expected it to. I thought there would be much more grumbling and complaining about the changes, and not just food either. There has been more activity that requires physical activity. But everyone has been very supportive of me and it has made this so much easier than other times that I have tried to lose the weight and get healthier! In the past I have usually thought it wasn't fair of me to "inflict" my issues on the kids and Frank. After all they don't have a weight issue and they shouldn't be deprived of the goodies that mommy bakes or buys. This time however, I had done a little more research. The changes that I was to make to my lifestyle was just as good for all of them too. And I don't deprive them of all goodies but there certainly are a lot less of them and better choices of snacks in the house. And they don't even mind :) I am so proud of us all! It has also been a HUGE help to have friends on this journey with me. My BFF Devon, my sister Bev, Sam, and Kelly and my dear blogging friend Lisa have been so supportive and working on this right along side me. They know the struggles that I face and their encouragement has made a world of difference this time too.

Ok, so down to business... I lost another 1.5lbs this week!! I was hoping for a little more, but I also know that this the best way to lost it and my body is working it all out. I am staying with the Wii fit and have added in my belly dancing video. I have asked Frank for a new workout video for Mother's Day, so we will see if I get that or not ;) I don't get on the treadmill as much since I am walking outside more. But working my abs, arms and butt a little bit more seem to be keeping my heart rate right up while I am circuit training!
So, that's where we are at! Making changes and accepting them and loving being active outside!
22.5lbs down and more to go but really enjoying this journey!

3 comments:

Devon Redman said...

Belly dancing!! I so need to see this video!! What video are you asking for?

KRoderick said...

Great job...I think there is a new jilliam dvd out...

Lisa said...

So proud of you sister. You really should do the facial as a reward for yourself. Do a deep exfoliation facial AWESOME!!!!!