Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Our ways are not Your ways!

Ok, so I was reminded again today that my plans are hardly ever what God has planned for me! I got up a little extra early this morning, knowing that I had a busier day than usual planned ahead of me. I "needed" to work out, make my list of things to do,  shower and get ready to go into church to work. Then once at work, I had a whole other list of things to get done today. Normally I work until 4:30 or 5:00pm, but today was leaving at 2:00pm to spend some time with two of my favorite little girls who were being babysat at my house for the day :) 
Anyway, off to work I go (HiHo,HiHo, hehehe). I get there and I am ready to get right to it. Well, God had a much different and might I add better plan for me today. I was able to be used as God's vessel to shop for and provide clothing and necessities to some very needed children today. I was used again to be a shoulder to cry on and pray with a very heart broken friend.  I was able to snuggle with my little nieces and be told. " I love you Auntie". And last but not least, God allowed me to be in the right place at the right time to talk to someone about Faith (our church) and what we offered for Easter services, and I am pretty sure that she and her family are coming on Sunday, Yipee!!!
At different times today, I was thinking, "this is not getting my list any shorter" but low and behold, my heart was getting fuller as I was able to help more and more people along the way.
The list will still be here tomorrow morning when I wake up, but the opportunities that I had today won't be... 
We'll see what tomorrow holds :)

4 comments:

KRoderick said...

RIGHT ON SISTER!

Samantha said...

This is so great! that happens to me too, I get so discouraged when I don't finish everything on my list because stuff comes up with friends or something like that, but it's always good to step back and see that maybe you accomplished something bigger than what was on your list!! see you soon!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing. I love to hear about God-incidences!
Being a list-maker as well, I can relate. I tend to think God is a list-maker as well! Nothing comes as a surprise to Him.
Love you bunches!

Devon Redman said...

I can't thank you enough for taking the girls! It was a complete blessing to know that they were in great care while I was in Boston. Mwah!