Sorry, I just didn't get the chance to get this posted yesterday... had lots of household things and running around to do plus homeschooling :)
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Posted by The Johnson Punkin Patch~ at 7:52 AM
Saturday, March 28, 2009
Happy Weekend to all of you!
- Having lunch with my sister! We live so close to each other but don't have much time just the two of us to have time to chit and chat! It was one of the best moments of my week! I love you Bev!
- Being given the gift of a husband, my life partner, who sees me as perfect. Just the way I am, no flaws, physically or emotionally and loves me to the fullest extent possible. My love tank is very full this week. Thank you babe, for giving me this gift!
- Asthma medicine! My Cam suffers with horrible asthma and this week has been bad. I am so thankful to live in this country where medicine is readily available and to watch to color and energy come back into a little boy once oxygen has returned :)
- Being part of little Kaylee's first year of life. Watching her grow and change is a constant reminder that God has plans for this messed up world and every day is a chance for all of us to grow and change for the better. Plus she loves me and I love her so much!!!
- My children! How blessed I am to have children that everyday say " I love you mom" without prompting from me. They just love to say it. And man, do I love to hear it!
Posted by The Johnson Punkin Patch~ at 9:18 AM
Monday, March 23, 2009
Ok, so my first month of change in habits, both eating and exercising has come to an end! I had a big time reality check this morning. I was so excited to step on the scales and see what this month has produced for me. Before doing it though, I took the time to make a list of the changes that I have seen besides the scale moving down! These are a few things that I want to share with all of you: I have lots more energy. I am a super duper busy mom of four and hunny of one and between all of them, they sure do keep me on my feet! I was having such a hard time keeping up with it all and found myself sleeping in later and later, wanting a nap most afternoons and hardly able to keep my eyes open at night. Now I am up early enough to get my hour workout in (we bought the Wii Fit this past week, yay!!!) and have plenty of energy to keep going all afternoon and well into the evening :) I am actually doing laundry as I write this!! Also, I am sleeping much better at night. I force myself to be in bed by 10:30pm to give myself time to just relax and get tired. With all the energy that I expend during the day and also getting some exercise, I think this may have helped out with my sleeping issues that I was having previously. My clothes are looser and people are noticing! I am motivated to try new things! I am thankful that God gave me this body and I am focused on making it more useful for His purposes! These are just a couple of the things from my list... there are more but some of them are a bit more personal ;-)
Posted by The Johnson Punkin Patch~ at 9:34 PM
Friday, March 20, 2009
Happy 1st day of Spring everyone! What a great day to have on a Friday heading into the weekend :)
- a good restful night of sleep! Anyone who knows me can attest that sleep doesn't come easily to me. Since we started watching what we eat and I started getting some exercise, sleep is starting to come much more easily to me now.
- a good haircut! For Spring, I went a little shorter more angled and had a great time being pampered by one of my best friends who happens to be my hairdresser :)
- homeschooling my kids! St. Patricks Day this year was one of the best days that I have had with them in a while. Definitely one to go in the memory book of their school portfolio
- Pandora on line radio! I can listen to the music I chose all day long without commercial interruption!
- Loving and gentle reminders that even though I have just a few actual, blood related family members who even show any interest in my kids and my family at all, God knew all about it and keeps bringing in just the right people into our lives to help fill voids and make us all feel loved just the same. God is good and His timing is perfect as usual!
Posted by The Johnson Punkin Patch~ at 7:52 AM
Monday, March 16, 2009
Posted by The Johnson Punkin Patch~ at 10:33 AM
Friday, March 13, 2009
What a week!! It's been a great week and I mean it. Not just your typically, don't really mean it kind of answer when someone asks you how your week has been, but a great week!! So, in my new Friday fashion here are my Favorite Five blessings of this week~
- watching my 11 year old son work hard at sports even when there is adversary against him. He keeps going and plays so hard and with all that he has.
- teaching a kids choir and watching little kids praise God (you should experience this for yourself sometime, there is nothing like it)
- new recipes with lots of veggies and other ingredients that have one job, to fuel my body. Not to over stuff but to fuel and keep me going!
- my 7 year old that sits by me when I am on my treadmill and tells me every minute to minute in a half, "I bet you have lost 20 lbs now mommy, and then says it again in a minute or so, because he sees me working so hard!!
- how God is teaching me new things everyday about myself and my relationship with him. I have been a Christian a really long time, so it is so exciting to me to learn something new and see just how it was designed for me by my Creator.
Posted by The Johnson Punkin Patch~ at 7:43 AM
Monday, March 9, 2009
Ok, so we finished week 2 and we are really feeling the difference! Both of us are doing really good at keeping within our calorie count and we are starting to not feel so hungry now that our bodies are realizing that we don't need to overstuff ourselves to feel full!! Frank did have to up his calories a little bit since he wasn't getting enough and ended up most evenings feeling very hungry. That makes him happier and me too :) We both have lots more energy and just our moods in general are up and light! Such good changes have been made in just a short time.
Posted by The Johnson Punkin Patch~ at 3:56 PM
Saturday, March 7, 2009
This evening we were in the van driving home from a very busy day. It was just all the boys and I, since Kendra was off with her sweetie and his family (: Out of the blue, Cameron says, "Mommy, I love you more than all the world." Aww, thanks Cam, I said. Quickly Austin jumps in with, " oh yeah, well I love her more than that. I love her more than all the galaxies times 10." Well, not to be outdone, Colby leaps in with his, "I love her more than both of you. I love her more than all the worlds, galaxies, stars and times 100 million." I chuckle and get all warm and fuzzy inside. This goes back and forth with lots of "times this and times that"!!! Not to be outdone, Frank breaks it up with, "I can beat you all! I love her more than all the grains of sand on every beach in the whole world."
Posted by The Johnson Punkin Patch~ at 10:45 PM
Friday, March 6, 2009
After a really great week this week it is hard to pick just five things as my favorite but here is my list of some of my favorite blessings from this week (: Enjoy and happy weekend to all my readers!
- Japanese Cherry Blossom lotion from Bath and Body, my friend tells me that I smell great all the time and that THIS scent smells best on me (:
- Unexpected text and notes from a hubby who loves me more each day and loves to let me know that he is simply thinking of me
- Fresh clean sheets and bedding on any bed in the house, I love the look, smell and feel of fresh, clean bedding
- Finding bargains at TJ's, Joann's and any other store that I might be in.... I love bargains
- Time with friends! This past week, I had brunch with a best girlfriend, a visit with my best friend, and coffee this morning with two new friends (: I love friend time!!
Posted by The Johnson Punkin Patch~ at 7:25 AM
Monday, March 2, 2009
This is exactly how I felt this morning upon stepping on my scale for the first time since last Monday... I lost 5.5 pounds!! Yipee! I am so excited to see the scale moving down again! For those of you that I haven't shared this with, Frank and I started a new and healthy way of eating last week, together! I am so happy to have him beside me in this journey :) He has never dieted before as opposed to me who has tried and failed at them all. He is so supportive and I am so blessed to have him love me just as I am no matter what my size and shape may be. We aren't on this to get to be the next Brad and Angelina (although they are beautiful and if there were such a plan to make me look like her, I probably would do it, LOL) but we are on this to get healthy and to help stop some of the body aches and pains that we are getting from getting older and unfortunatly heavier.
Posted by The Johnson Punkin Patch~ at 10:32 AM