I can't believe that 10 weeks of my life has gone by and the changes that have been made in our family lifestyle. It went so much smoother than I even expected it to. I thought there would be much more grumbling and complaining about the changes, and not just food either. There has been more activity that requires physical activity. But everyone has been very supportive of me and it has made this so much easier than other times that I have tried to lose the weight and get healthier! In the past I have usually thought it wasn't fair of me to "inflict" my issues on the kids and Frank. After all they don't have a weight issue and they shouldn't be deprived of the goodies that mommy bakes or buys. This time however, I had done a little more research. The changes that I was to make to my lifestyle was just as good for all of them too. And I don't deprive them of all goodies but there certainly are a lot less of them and better choices of snacks in the house. And they don't even mind :) I am so proud of us all! It has also been a HUGE help to have friends on this journey with me. My BFF Devon, my sister Bev, Sam, and Kelly and my dear blogging friend Lisa have been so supportive and working on this right along side me. They know the struggles that I face and their encouragement has made a world of difference this time too.
Monday, April 27, 2009
Posted by The Johnson Punkin Patch~ at 1:07 PM
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Posted by The Johnson Punkin Patch~ at 9:26 PM
Monday, April 20, 2009
Much better Monday today than last week! I was able to get in full workouts Monday through Friday last week and even some variations of my workouts over the weekend, and it paid off!!! I weighed in this morning for a grand total of 21 lbs lost (I don't ever want to find them either, lol). I feel so great and it is so rewarding to be able to fit into clothes that I haven't been able to wear for a few years now. I even need to go buy some new panties (oh man, hehehe).
Posted by The Johnson Punkin Patch~ at 7:53 PM
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Blessings. They come in so many ways to me these days. Sometimes I don't even know they are there until I get the chance to step back and realize that it happened. Sometimes in the middle of it all, I don't even realize that I am being blessed until the moment has passed and then I get it :) Anyway here is my list for the week. I am so grateful for so much in my life, but these one's stand out the most for this week:
- Clothes that fit a little looser than before my lifestyle changes. Some that I couldn't wear last year :) Very good encourager!!! God knows I need visual as well as audio reminders that I can do this!
- Proverbs 31 Ministries! What a blessing these women have on my life and they don't even know me.
- Group hugs from the kids in our Children's department at Faith! I love these kids so much and pray for them daily! They are my blessings every Sunday morning :)
- Laughter! My dear friend Laurie knows just what to do when I don't think I can handle one more thing... she makes me laugh and that is just what I need at that moment! Thanks Laurie, God gave you that gift just for me, I know it!!
- Sunshine.... this week the sun was bright and warm here in Maine, and what a difference it made in my attitude and dispostion. I was more energetic, happier in general, and just more relaxed! God knows just the things to get me out of my "funk" LOL!
Posted by The Johnson Punkin Patch~ at 9:46 PM
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
As part of this lifestyle change I agreed to be honest and accountable.... so here I sit writing with my head down and bummed!! I was so excited last week to have reached the 20lb mark and I got a little to careless over the last four days and ate food I shouldn't have and more than I usually do. Also, I didn't get to work out as much either. So, here is the confession, the Wii fit tells me I gained 3lbs... UGH!!! I can't say that I was super surprised but hoping for the best just the same. Oh, and I am getting ready to start my monthly ritual as well so I am feeling bloated and yuck too and there is chocolate in the house!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by The Johnson Punkin Patch~ at 9:16 AM
Monday, April 13, 2009
Wow, what a great week this was! It was super busy and slightly out of control but great just the same! Here's a quick recap and my blessings listed for you to share in....
- Celebrating my risen Savior with my family and my Faith Kidz. It was a day that I will remember for the rest of my life :)
- My girl got her permit this week. I feel so blessed to have her as a daughter and I am so excited to be here to share this milestone with her.
- Special people that God has "knitted" into my life to help with wounds that still need to be healed.
- New relationships and friendships that I am forming. I love getting to know new people and I am so glad that I am getting this opportunity.
- My sweetie. It seems I list him almost weekly, but I have to tell you, weekly this man rescues me either from myself, or from overwhelming circumstances. He is always there to take care of me and help me and I don't know what I would ever do without him, I love you babe!
Posted by The Johnson Punkin Patch~ at 9:44 AM
Friday, April 10, 2009
No matter how hard I have tried to deny it and fool myself into thinking it just can't be true, there is nothing else for me to do but accept the facts. My baby girl is not a little girl anymore :( She is growing up so fast and changing into such a beautiful lady. Yesterday, another one of her milestones happened, she got her learner's permit!!! I am so happy for her and am excited to see her venture into this new area of her journey of life.
Posted by The Johnson Punkin Patch~ at 7:56 AM
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Posted by The Johnson Punkin Patch~ at 3:43 PM
Monday, April 6, 2009
Tonight, when I was headed into the twins room to tuck them in and pray with them, the lights were off already and so they could only see my silhouette as I walked into the room. As I walked closer to Cams bed, he quietly asked, " is that an angel walking in my room? No, its just my mommy!" My heart melted!
Posted by The Johnson Punkin Patch~ at 10:15 PM
God is good, all the time!
- Our vehicle needed to be looked at. It was making some weird noise in the rear wheel area. Praise God it was completely covered by the warranty and I walked out paying nothing for the repair!
- How during times of heartache and troubles, God knits us together and uses women of Faith to encourage each other and offer their shoulders and their own tears.
- A husband that once again, lets me deal with things in my own way, knowing me better than I know myself and letting me work out things for myself; still knowing that he is right there beside me when I am ready to reach out for him.
- Being a volunteer at our local worship radio station!! I had a blast answering phones during their spring pledge drive. Doing just that little thing for the benefit of God's Kingdom, made me so happy and content, and I met and hung out with some really great people :)
- Watching my teen girl make JV softball, swing Varsity as a freshman!!! She has been playing since she was 4, playing T-ball and finally all her hard work and dedication is paying off! Kendra, I am so proud of your persistence and dedication, I love you!
Posted by The Johnson Punkin Patch~ at 9:34 AM
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Exactly that, I just need to write my thoughts. I can be extremely internal at times like this wondering in my head and searching for answers that I probably will never have this side of heaven. I know in my heart that God is gracious and wondrous and good, but at times like this I find myself wondering about His plans and asking to see the big picture of this lifetime. Today, a young mother from our church was killed in an auto accident leaving behind three precious boys, one of which is only a month old. My very human heart and head and my spiritual heart and head are in battle over this internally. I know that God has a plan and that there is a purpose to everything under heaven, however, I can't even begin to fathom why this would happen to three innocent children.
Posted by The Johnson Punkin Patch~ at 6:52 PM