Monday, February 7, 2011

Multitudes on Monday


I so enjoy this time of reflection over a week of blessings! But I do need to be honest with all of you my readers and let you know this week was not a great week for me in most ways but clearly God held this daughter of His closely, and I rested in His arms for most of this week and am continuing my stay for a while. He truly is holding and catching every tear that I have cried these days and I know He must hurt for me as only a parent can when we see our own children hurting. I also learned this week that the old saying of "God never gives us more than we can handle" is one of the most false statements ever to be said. You see God purposely gives us more than we can handle so that we can turn to Him to help us, to guide us and to even carry us when we can no longer do it ourselves. What an eye opener for me! All this time I have been convinced that I have been given things to handle because God sees me as this strong person who can just keep handling everything that He gives me... piling and piling one thing on top of another. I joke with my sweetie and those closest to me, "God must have me confused with another Janet Johnson!" Lol... no, He just needed me to see that I have a lesson to learn and that is that He keeps giving me things hoping that I will lean on Him to help me through it and not just handle it all on my own. Have I told you before that I am a really slow learner? What about you? What has God revealed to you this week?

#12... memories of my best friend, my mom

#13... having 120 kids in my life on a weekly basis

#14... reading my boys writing journals

#15... cooking and baking in our home

#16... the way snow looks first thing on a sunny morning.. all sparkling and shiny

#17... new levels of energy and joy in spite of the time and season I am in

Hugs!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Nice to meet you! =) Sorry you had a tough week, by the way. I sure wish we could go through life without the rough patches! I know they're necessary though, so I guess I just have to suck it up. =)
Wow, it looks like you've "been there, done that" in raising a whole brood of kids and homeschooling to boot! I plan on getting some helpful advice from you! Or maybe just a sympathetic ear, and shoulder to cry on when I have *my* rough weeks?

The Johnson Punkin Patch~ said...

Nice to meet you as well :) You are right about the rough times, and I am loving learning my way through the naviagation of allowing God to carry me and my tears!
I have been there done that and still doing it so I appreciate learning and chatting with others too :) I would love to lend the ear, shoulder and anything else I can.
I so love your blog and am enjoying getting to know you too! Hugs
:)