Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Masterpiece


Ephesians 1:4 - " Even as, in his love, He chose us (actually picked us out for Himself as His own) in Christ before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy (consecrated and set apart for Him) and blameless in His sight, even abovereproach, before Him in love."

Ephesians 2:10 - "For we are God's own Masterpiece (His handiwork) recreated in Christ Jesus..."

You have been chosen!

All of us have a desire to be loved and accepted. We work hard on our relationships here on earth and put great stock in what others think of us, at least I do. But this week while reading in Ephesians, I was smacked in the face with the reminder that even though God knows me best and knows all about me, I MEAN ALL ABOUT ME, He still chose me on purpose. He picked ME out to be His!

Not only was I chosen regardless of the mess I am and make of things, I am also told I am a Masterpiece... WHAT???? Looking in the mirror and at my heart, I can't say I have ever used the word Masterpeice to describe myself. But God does. I don't know alot about art, but what I do know is that Masterpieces take thought and time to create just so. It starts as a thought and keeps being played around with in the artists mind as to what it should look like, and the details... the shadings, and shapes, the colors and curves.. each detail needing special attention and time. Very few pieces of art are declaired a "Masterpiece" and yet scripture tells me that I am one.  So are you, my friend! God, the creator of all things, took special time, thought and attention on each detail of you to make you who you are. You are loved that much!

0 comments: