Thursday, August 11, 2011

A brand new year...



No your calendar isn't wrong, it isn't January. Its August, one of my favorite months of the year. Since its my birthday this week, I spent some time reflecting and thinking about the past and the future and I am ready to make some changes!


Some of these changes are going to be smooth and easy while others might be more painful both for me and maybe even others around me. I want to be a REAL Jesus girl! Both real in my pains and journey and in my JOY! Making time for the people in my life that WANT to be REAL. I intend to spend more time with my daughter as she starts her journey out of my nest. I want to be at all my son's sporting events and be the loudest cheerleader there so they hear my voice in the stands above everyone else. I want to have time to sit, LISTEN and talk with my freshman son when he gets home and has stuff to share about his day I want to spend more time romancing my boyfriend of almost twenty years. When he reaches for my hand or to wrap me in his arms, I won't pull away to get back to cooking dinner or the kids are asking for me. Instead I will pause and relish the moment and enjoy the tingle and the butterflies he still gives me after all these years! I want to feel more passionately and love more completely. I want to be more spontaneous and "in the moment". I intend to let the over one hundred little ones that God has entrusted to me every Sunday morning to know that I love them and I know they are special because GOD SAYS SO! I will smile more when I am truly happy, looking for the blessings that I receive EVERY day as the gift that they are. I will cry and share when I am sad and hurting with those who truly ask and love me. I will spend time with my Jesus more than just once a day and work on making my time with Him relational and not just to say "there I did it, check".


So, changes are coming and if you my reader would do me a favor? Remind me of this post from time to time and check in and see how my changes are going? I'm sure I'll have lots to share! Happy Birthday to Me!


Hugs!





0 comments: